September 2020 – August 2021
Applications are now open for the Yiddish Book Center’s 2020-2021 Fellowship Program. Fellows will receive a stipend of $30,000 plus health insurance.
Applicants should have a strong background in Jewish studies or related fields, and a working knowledge of the Yiddish language. Accepted fellows will work in fields such as:
- Bibliography: Sort and catalog new book notations, work with our network of zamlers (volunteer book collectors), and help with Yiddish book inquiries.
- Communications and Publication: Support communications efforts in the areas of social media, publication of articles, and blog posts for the Center’s website, production of the Center’s podcast, and print publication.
- Digital Collections: Support the digitization and cataloging of Yiddish materials, help develop new technologies, and enrich online and multimedia projects designed to make our rich holdings accessible to a wider public.
- Educational Programs: Organize and coordinate on-site and online courses on topics related to Yiddish and Jewish history and culture for adult learners.
- Translation: Recruit candidates for the Center’s Translation Fellowship, match fellows with mentors, organize workshops for translation fellows, and work on the annual translation issue of Pakn Treger, the magazine of the Yiddish Book Center.
- Yiddish Education: Assist the director of the Yiddish Language Institute as a teaching assistant for on-site college-level Yiddish courses and work on the development of a multimedia Yiddish textbook.
Applications, including transcripts, resume/CV, and three letters of recommendation, are due by January 5, 2020.
Questions? Contact Education Program Assistant Phoenix Wyatt at firstname.lastname@example.org or (413) 256-4900, ext. 144.
For more information, please visit http://www.yiddishbookcenter.org/fellowship-program.