Virginia Tech’s Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship program seeks to prepare postdoctoral associates from various fields and disciplines for the next step in their careers.
The next cycle deadline is Nov. 15.
Fellowships will be awarded in four tracks:
Selected postdoctoral associates will receive:
- Two-year appointments with nationally competitive salaries and benefits
- $10,000 for training and professional development-related expenses
- Mentoring and professional development support
Eligible postdoctoral associate applicants:
- Must be within three years of earning their Ph.D.
- Must expect to complete their Ph.D. prior to the start of their fellowship
Research Frontiers, Cybersecurity, or Innovation tracks applicants should identify a Virginia Tech faculty mentor to collaborate with on a three-page proposal for submission prior to the Nov. 15 cycle deadline.
Proposal evaluation criteria:
- Ability to build towards Virginia Tech research presence and portfolio in goals for the track
- Ability to enhance research and scholarship of the faculty mentor
- Ability to enhance the professional development of the postdoc
- Qualifications and the ability to diversify Virginia Tech’s research enterprise
For questions, contact Chris Smith, Postdoctoral Affairs Program Administrator.