The Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning (CITL) invites applications for an hourly graduate student instructional consultant position. The hourly position involves 10 hours per week at $16 per hour (fee remission and benefits are not included) beginning November 28, 2022 (start date negotiable). The application deadline is Monday, November 14 at 9 AM.
With guidance and mentorship from a CITL staff member specializing in graduate student development, the hired person will:
- participate in, provide organization support to, and co-present workshops;
- observe and consult with associate instructors;
- contribute to one or more key CITL project areas;
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Program
- Expansion of diversity/inclusion efforts
- Course and program assessment
- Graduate student instructor development
- monitor and evaluate Graduate Teaching Apprenticeship Program submissions;
- develop teaching resources; and
- perform other assigned tasks.
Experience in college teaching as well as completion of a pedagogy course expected (please list these on your CV or resumé). Involvement with CITL’s Graduate Teaching Apprenticeship Program or other CITL programming is preferred. Graduate students from any discipline are welcome to apply. Special consideration will be given to candidates who express interest in a career either in educational development in a teaching center or in a faculty position where they could collaborate with or be a resource to a local teaching center. The position does not offer tuition remission or a fee waiver.
You can learn more about the activities of our office and our projects at citl.indiana.edu.
To apply, please send a one-paragraph response to each of the following questions as well as a CV or resumé to Leslie Drane (email@example.com) by Monday, November 14th at 9 AM. Anticipated start date is November 28th but is negotiable.
- How do your experiences align with the responsibilities of this position?
- How will this position contribute to your professional development and goals?
Candidates may be asked to participate in a short Zoom interview for us to get to know you better.