Are you, or someone you know, looking for a great opportunity to work at IU Herman B Wells Library beginning Spring 2022?
If yes, then Media Services, located on the ground floor of the Herman B Wells Library, is looking for creative, dependable, detailed-oriented, and energetic students to work at the circulation desk. Will provide library reference assistance, circulation duties, pull and shelve multimedia resources, and assist patrons with multimedia equipment while gaining valuable experience in a supportive and professional environment.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Heather Sloan (email@example.com).
Media Services homepage: https://libraries.indiana.edu/media-services
Library Unit: Media Services, Herman B Wells Library
Contact Person: Heather Sloan (direct supervisor) firstname.lastname@example.org
Monique Threatt email@example.com
Phone#: 812 855-1650
Job classification: LA III
Job title: Public Circulation Desk Temporary Student Employee
Pay rate: $10.15 Hours/week: 12-20
Start date: Spring 2022
Evening/Weekend hours required? Yes
Open to students only? Yes
Work Study Only? No
How to apply? Submit resume and cover letter via e-mail to: Heather Sloan (direct supervisor) firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Services is a one-stop service point for multimedia resources, and media reserves. We are looking for creative, dependable, detailed-oriented, and energetic students to work at the Media Services circulation desk. Will provide library reference assistance, circulation duties, pull and shelve multimedia resources, and assist patrons with multimedia equipment while gaining valuable experience in a supportive and professional environment. Students must comply with IU Library, and Media Services policies and procedures, and must be able to work well within a diverse staff and user community. Temporary employees will report to Monique Threatt, Head, and Heather Sloan, Media and Maps Assistant, on projects as assigned.
- Responsible to open and close Media Services.
- Oversees day-to-day operations in absence of full-time staff.
- Provides circulation services and light reference in person, over the phone, and via e-mail.
- Handles, processes, and ships Booked media items.
- Processes incoming new multimedia acquisitions.
- Assists in processing and preparing materials for circulation, and Reserves.
- Pulls and shelves multimedia resources in the T&R collection, and Reserve materials by LC call number.
- Pulls and shelves multimedia resources in the Browsing collection in alphabetic order, some exceptions apply.
- Participates in shelf-reading projects.
- Contributes to Media Services social media sites, such as Twitter and Media Beat (MRS Blog), and department libguides.
- Contributes to monthly staff picks display bookcase.
- Recommends improvements to the web pages, and customer access services.
- Performs other organizational duties as assigned.
Required – Must possess the ability to interact courteously and effectively with a diverse population, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrate leadership ability, and make contributions in a team environment. Be flexible, creative, and detailed oriented. Possess a familiarity with IUCAT, basic print and electronic reference sources, and database search concepts.
To qualify as student status, graduate students must be enrolled in, at minimum, four (4) credit hours per semester, or two (2) credit hours during the summer semesters. Undergraduate students must be enrolled in, at minimum, six (6) credit hours per semester, or three (3) during the summer semesters.