The IU Visitor Information Center seeks a graduate assistant for the 2021-2022 academic year. The position requires a 20-hour per week employment commitment. The graduate assistant receives a stipend and fee remission for up to 12 credit hours for each of the fall and spring semesters. Applicants can be first-year or continuing graduate students.
The graduate assistant will support the IU Visitor Information Center’s mission of serving as the “official front door” to Indiana University. The GA’s responsibilities will include supervising a staff of undergraduate employees, coordinating Visitor Center programs and activities, engaging with prospective students, faculty, and administrators, performing other administrative duties as assigned, and working on resources (website, brochures, etc.) to improve the IU visitor experience. The graduate assistant will report to the Director of the IU Visitor Information Center.
- Great organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated to find ways to improve our office and visitor experience
- A general knowledge of IU’s undergraduate programs and services and of Bloomington.
- Candidates that can help build our brand, visitor resources, and web presence:
- Skill/experience working in graphic design
- Knowledge of the Adobe Suite (mostly InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Experience with web content management systems
- Experience in social media campaigns and platforms a plus.
Interested applicants must e-mail a cover letter, resume, and [optional] online portfolio link to the visitor center at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Friday, March 19, 2021. Qualified and eligible candidates will be contacted to interview for the position in end of March. A student who already has a student academic appointment may apply as long as they understand they must forfeit their current assignment if selected for this position.