The University Graduate School
and the IU-MSI STEM Initiative
Spring 2021 STEM Summer Scholars Institute Temporary Hourly Position
(10-15 hours per week)
Job Description: The University Graduate School STEM Summer Scholars Institute seeks a Temporary Hourly position to assist in a variety of duties related to programming, event planning, and developing a STEM related professional development course. The position will focus on the STEM Summer Scholars Institute programming and works to develop and implement short term and long-range plans in areas of instructional design and online learning programs in consultation with the Director of the STEM Summer Scholars Institute.
- Current IUB graduate student in education, educational psychology, or other relevant STEM-related field.
- Demonstrated experience with instructional design in higher education setting and proven experience in support of online learning, curriculum development, and research/assessment are desirable.
- Knowledge of Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) and best practices in STEM summer research programs are desirable.
- Must have experience with Learning Management Systems (i.e., Canvas), online video platforms, and social media.
- Must be service oriented with strong interpersonal and communication skills, organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide range of stakeholders across STEM academic units.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Experience teaching in higher education (preferred).
Essential Functions and General Duties:
- Work directly with Director of STEM Summer Scholars Institute in the planning and coordinating of special events for the STEM Summer Scholars Institute at Indiana University such as:
- Guide the creation of online curriculum to ensure an exceptional experience for learning and a supportive environment for STEM SSI participants
- Pilot new processes, technologies, and approaches to online curriculum development/delivery.
- Assist with any media related projects associated with the STEM Summer Scholars Institute including update oversight of the website.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of any other special events or activities deemed necessary by the Director of the STEM Summer Scholars Institute.
- Other duties may be assigned based upon need and/or current projects.
Submit resume and 1- page cover letter detailing why you should be selected for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with STEM SSI Hourly in the subject line. Start Date of February 2021.
For questions, please email Dr. Bianca Evans-Donaldson at email@example.com.