Graduate Assistant for Student Experiences (2)
The Graduate Assistant for Student Experiences is responsible for advising student government leaders, College Panhellenic Council leaders, and serving as a student organization resource for the IUPUI community. Individuals will gain experience in administration, leadership development, assessment and evaluation, program development, fiscal responsibility, supervision, communication, marketing, facilitation, and problem solving.
Position Responsibilities and Expectations:
(50%) Primary advisor for the undergraduate student senate of over fifty members, three executive officers (Director of Communications, President of the Senate & Secretary of the Senate), committees (Elections and Supreme Court), inclusive of regularly scheduled student meetings, and attending weekly Senate meetings/executive officer meetings.
- Assist with the recruitment, training, development, transitioning, and evaluation for student senate officers.
- Serve as an administrator for the USG funding to student organizations.
- Serve as a professional staff liaison between USG Senate and University administration, departments, and student organization governance groups.
(30%) Serves as a co-advisor to the College Panhellenic Council inclusive of regularly scheduled student meetings, and attending executive meetings.
- Assist with the recruitment, training, development, transitioning, editing, and evaluation for student officers and counselors.
- Be familiar with the NPC Manual of Information and all governing documents of this Association.
- Serve as professional staff liaison between counselors, Campus Center and Student Experiences, university administration and departments.
(10%) Serves as an administrator for The Spot for the student organization community inclusive of event approval, education, and revisions.
- Assist in the coordination and development of educational materials such as online modules, presentations, curriculum tools, and training materials.
- Serve as a resource for Campus Center and Student Experiences for the student organization community.
(5%) Participates in staff meetings and trainings.
(5%) Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree prior to August 1, 2021.
- Acceptance into and continuous enrollment in a graduate master's program through IU or IUPUI.
- A commitment and interest in working with a diverse staff and serving a diverse population of students.
- Ability to adapt within a dynamic work environment.
- Maintain good academic standing.
- Interest in student government, leadership development, and civic engagement.
- Commitment for social justice education, and inclusive practices.
- Strong presentation and communication skills inclusive of email management, phone and video communication, and in-person delivery methods.
- Affiliation within the College Panhellenic Conference organizations.
Graduate Assistantship Term:
- September 1, 2021-May 13, 2022 (an opportunity to extend to May 2023)
- There is a commitment of 20 hours per week. There will be occasional required hours in the evening due to programs and meetings. The graduate assistant is expected to work with the site supervisor to flex hours accordingly.
-Nine credit hours of in-state tuition remission each fall/spring semester
-$10,000 annual stipend ($1,000 per month for 10 months)
-IU student health insurance ($1,950 value)
IUPUI Campus Center & Student Experiences
Brian Starkel, Associate Director
CE 370, 420 University Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46202