The Global Living-Learning Community is searching for an hourly Graduate Student Program Assistant (PA) for the entire 2021-2022 academic year. The Global LLC is a residential community located in Read Hall and home to approximately 120 undergraduate students who share interests in languages, culture, globalization, and world affairs. Students represent many majors both inside and outside of the College of Arts and Sciences, speak several languages, and come from all areas of the world.
The PA will work closely with the Global LLC professional staff members and provide support to students planning co-curricular and extra-curricular events that meet the Global LLC’s mission of promoting global citizenship.
The PA can expect to work approximately 5 hours per week – at times during business hours, in the evenings, and on some weekends. The wage is $15 per hour. (This position is not an assistantship or academic appointment which means tuition waiver, fee remission, and health insurance are not included.)
- Current graduate student at IUB (with preference given to student in the College of Arts and Sciences)
- Experience working with undergraduates, in areas such as student affairs, service-learning, volunteer programs, etc.
- Global mindset with experience studying and travelling abroad
- Familiarity with basic office functions and computer programs
- Availability to begin working on Sunday, August 15, 2021 to help with Welcome Week and student employee training
- Provide administrative support to the Director, Associate Director, and Student Services Administrator for projects, events, logistics, etc.
- Facilitate microlessons, a series of language and cultural programs led by IU cultural experts
- Assist with the Affinity Group program, ensuring that student leaders are resourced and supported
- Manage the Global LLC’s social media presence
- Attend regular staff meetings
- Create programs that address students’ needs and Global LLC educational aims
- Assist Global LLC residents to brainstorm, organize, advertise, and attend co-curricular and extra-curricular events
- Assist with marketing and recruitment efforts
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
- Submit a resume and cover letter describing why you are interested in this position and highlighting your qualifications, previous experiences, and professional strengths. Please email these application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 7, 2021.
- Applications will then be reviewed followed by Zoom interviews in mid-May.
- Finalists will need to receive the approval of their dissertation chair and/or their director of graduate studies to work in this hourly position.
- The selected PA will be notified in late May or early June.