The Center for the Study of Global Change (Global Center) at Indiana University is recruiting one (1) Graduate Assistant (GA) for Academic Year 2022-2023. The GA must be a PhD candidate and eligible for G901 credits (or equivalent). This GA position includes general program assistance, data compilation for grant funding activities, and focused assistance with outreach programming. Occasional travel and evening/weekend work required. Applicants interested in the technological components of outreach and programming like website and media content production are especially encouraged to apply.
The GA receives a stipend of $22,000 and health insurance. There is no tuition remission. The GA is expected to work 20 hours per week.
• Must be a PhD candidate that is ABD and is enrolled in G901 credits (or equivalent).
• The ideal candidates will be flexible, hard-working, and will have strong organizational skills and work experience. Familiarity with international, trans-regional, and/or global issues and trends in any discipline(s) is ideal.
• General program assistance will require skills in information technologies, event planning, communication, outreach, research, data collection and organization, and website/social media management.
• An academic or experiential background in the internationalization of K-12 and higher education, outreach, research, and community programming.
To apply, candidates should send
• a cover letter that includes how the candidate would contribute to the Global Center;
• a CV, including contact information for two (2) references;
Completed application materials should be submitted electronically to the Global Center by e-mail (email@example.com) by August 18th. Review of applications and interview scheduling will begin upon receipt. A successful candidate would start work on August 22, 2022.
Please direct any questions to the Center for the Study of Global Change at firstname.lastname@example.org.