The Apparel Merchandising area of the Sydney and Lois Eskenazi School of Art, Architecture + Design at Indiana University is recruiting one (1) Graduate Assistant (GA) for Academic Term Fall 2020. The GA must be a graduate student in the College of Arts & Sciences. This GA position supports a large introductory 100% online course. Responsibilities includes assessment support and grading, resource development and organization, tracking student activity and attendance, and providing individual support for student’s questions and needs. Ideal candidates have an interest in higher education teaching and learning.
The GA receives a stipend up to $7875 and health insurance. Fee remission available up to 12 credit hours. The GA is expected to work 20 hours per week.
- Must be an MA, MS, MFA or PhD degree candidate in the College of Arts & Sciences.
- Available Tuesday and Thursday from 3:15 to 4:30 weekly.
- Strong communication skills, timely, organized.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience in MS office, Canvas, Kaltura, Zoom, library databases and online teaching strongly preferred
Candidates should send to email@example.com:
- a statement of interest
- a CV, including contact information for three (3) references.
Review of applications and interview scheduling will begin upon receipt. A successful candidate would ideally start work on August 24, 2020. Please direct any questions to Mary Embry, Area Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about the program can be found here: https://soaad.indiana.edu/academics/areas/apparel/index.html