Apparel Merchandising area of the Sydney and Lois Eskenazi School of Art, Architecture + Design at Indiana University is recruiting one (1) hourly Graduate Assistant (GA) for Academic Term Fall 2021. This GA position primarly supports a large introductory course. Responsibilities includes assessment support and grading, resource development and organization, tracking student activity and attendance, and providing individual support for student’s questions and needs. Ideal candidates have an interest in higher education teaching and learning. Additional responsibility include instructor support across the Merchandising area for teaching needs.
This position requires 9 hours a week at $12.00/hour for 15 weeks of the Fall 2021 semester.
- Must be an MA, MS, MFA or PhD degree candidate in the College of Arts & Sciences.
- Available Tuesday and Thursday from 3:15 to 4:30 weekly.
- Strong communication skills, timely, organized.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience in MS office, Canvas, Kaltura, Zoom, library databases and online teaching strongly preferred
Candidates should send to Mary Embry, Merchandising Area Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) :
- a statement of interest
- a CV, including contact information for three (3) references.
Review of applications and interview scheduling will begin upon receipt. A successful candidate would ideally start work on as soon as possible. Please direct any questions to Mary Embry, Area Coordinator, email@example.com. More information about the program can be found here: https://eskenazi.indiana.edu/undergraduate/majors/apparel-bs.html