The Office of Engaged Learning invites applicants for a graduate assistant. This is a 10-month appointment (20 hours per week), beginning on or after August 24, 2020. The stipend is $13,935 and a fee remission is included.
The successful candidate will work closely with the director of IU Undergraduate Research (IUUR) and other members of the Engaged Learning team on initiatives relating to undergraduate research and creative activity. This is an exciting time to be a part of IUUR. The office is in its third year and as a graduate assistant, you will have a chance to help build its foundational programs and contribute to its direction. IUUR is committed to ensuring that vibrant research and creative experiences are accessible for all interested IU students.
With guidance and mentorship from the IUUR director and Engaged Learning staff, the successful applicant will assist with the following duties:
- Planning, developing, and implementing programming related to undergraduate research and creative activity.
- Conducting background research and other tasks related to grant writing and scholarly research.
- Administering existing undergraduate research programs and events.
- Updating the IUUR website.
- Promoting IUUR and Engaged Learning programs at relevant events and venues.
- Working with constituents across campus to establish collaborative relationships.
- Others as appropriate.
Desired experiences and skills:
- Demonstrated commitment to undergraduate education and engaged learning and/or research interests that relate to undergraduate research and SOTL.
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusivity in higher education.
- College teaching and/or undergraduate mentorship.
- Grant-writing and research.
- Ability to manage competing demands and complex projects.
To apply, please send the following to Melissa Blunck (email@example.com):
- Cover letter, detailing
- your motivation for applying and
- a description of skills and experiences that qualify you for this position.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so interested candidates should apply as soon as possible.